Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2017 11:16:20 -0400
From:      James Geering <j.geering@btinternet.com>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot pkg upgrade WindowMaker 0.95.7 -> 0.95.8

Ah ok thank you, so I think you mean I have to get explicitly the
windowmaker
port using SVN ? and then build it locally?

-----Original Message-----From: Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To: James Geering <j.geering@btinternet.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 16:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017, the wise James Geering wrote:

> Hi All, I have just noticed that WindowMaker 0.95.8 has been released in
> the freshports site; previously I was incorrectly trying to build this
> myself from the windowmaker site.  So now I see I'm able to utilise the
> binary package manager directly.
>
> freeBSD Version 11.1-release #0 r321309 amd64. WindowMaker 0.95.7.
>
> When I run "pkg version -vL=" the output does indeed show that
> windowmaker-0.95.7_5 requires updating to 0.95.8, however, when I try
> and run "pkg upgrade windowmaker" it reports that it I already have the
> latest version. I also perform a "portsnap fetch update" but this did
> not change. the outcome. What am I missing here please? - it seems like
> these steps should work. Many thanks, James

The x11-wm/windowmaker port has been updated, but the pkg isn't available
yet. If I'm correct, the pkg repository is updated every 3 months, so it
would be available in Q4.

If you want to use windowmaker 0.95.8 now, best thing to do is use the
port.

Regards,
Marco