Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 07:15:51 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, "FreeBSD user" <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What is "Defanged Link"?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To: "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 12:33 AM

> On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 07:30:09AM -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> > This morning I was reviewing the daily output run from one of my
> > machines.  What is the meaning of "DEFANGED_LINK"?  The following
is a
> > snip of the report:

[snip]

> You wouldn't be running your mail through some kind of
procmail-based
> (or another mail scanner) defanger?

Umm, yep.  I just started experimenting with the E-mail Sanitizer.  So
I assume this is just something it does?  Do you have any idea why?  I
reread the docs at
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html but do not
see any mention of this.  And FWIW, I see this on both of my FBSD
boxes but I am only running the sanitizer on one.  The other is a
firewall only.

Thanks for your response,

Drew