Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 09:57:55 -0500
From:      "Nick Lozinsky" <nl3481@wi.rr.com>
To:        "ARUN G NAIR" <virtualarun@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: urgent help plz...

----- Original Message -----
From: "ARUN G NAIR" <virtualarun@yahoo.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 9:05 AM
Subject: urgent help plz...

> Hello there,
>

> i have samsung 55V colour monitor.
> Horizontal sync:30-55
> Vertical sync : 50-120
> resolution : 1024
>
> How to configure it in the Xconfiguration menu.I have
> an onboard graphics card (intel).It isn't setting up
> the X server.What resolution should i choose 8,16,24
> or 32 bit ?Which mode should i choose ?I saw Blckbox
> environment somewhere ?Where can i get it?Is it in the
> ports tree ?how to set it up ?
>
> Arun

I dont know about buil-in graphics cards and FreeBSD, but you can chose
a generic VGA/SVGA and try with 8bpp to test. When selecting the modes
for resolutions, pick a few low and a one or two higher resolutions.

BlackBox is in the ports collection. Do:

whereis blackbox

If you are connected to the internet, just do, as root #, make install. and
thats
it.