Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:22:07 -0700
From:      Henrik W Lund <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Sch=FCler?= <cschueler@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anjuta and libtools problem

Christian Schüler wrote:

>This problem may be related to the problem reported in this
>post:
>http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-questions/2004-June/049088.html
>
>When trying to Autogen a new project, the configure script bails with the
>message:

>./ltconfig: Can't open ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
>configure: error: libtool configure failed
>
>I then created an empty ./ltconfig file inside the Project directory.
>This fixed the Autogen process, but the build is nevertheless broken.
>When I build a wizard generated test project, I get the following message:
>
>../libtool: Can't open ../libtool: No such file or directory
>
>I do believe him that there is no ../libtool. So I tried to change
>./ltconfig to contain a line emitting where I have libtool installed, like
>so
>
>#!/bin/sh
>echo /usr/local/bin
>
>and another version
>
>#!/bin/sh
>echo /usr/local/bin/libtool15
>
>however, to no avail. I also tried symlinking libtool to different versions
>like libtool13 and libtool15, and also copying a libtool executable to ../
>relative to the project directory, nothing works.
>

>Now I am clueless. Has anyone running Anjuta-1.2.2 on FreeBSD?
>Might be worth noting that I run xFce, not the complete Gnome package.
>
>-chris

Greetings!

I'm the one that posted the original inquiry regarding my libtool
problems, and I think you're experiencing a different kind of problem.
It seems to me that your Anjuta does not properly create your project.
Why this is, I do not know. Did you install Anjuta from ports, or did
you download the sources off of its website? If the latter is true, it
may be that whatever generates the scripts (or maybe even the scripts
themselves) have hardcoded linuxisms in them.

After creating a fresh project (any error messages notwithstanding),
what's in the project directory? Could you give an ls of it? And where
do you place your project directories? ~/Projects is the default, if I
recall correctly. I'm thinking that since the files obviously aren't
created it might be a permission problem. Just exhausting the
possibilities here. :-)

I did find the solution to my initial problem, by the way. I posted a
follow-up in reply to myself, but I guess you've already read that.

-Henrik W Lund