Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 21:35:52 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Sean Reifschneider <jafo@tummy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD NCR driver timeout?

On Jan 14, 11:56, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
} Subject: FreeBSD NCR driver timeout?
} Greetings.  I'm trying to port some SCSI scanner code to FreeBSD 2.1.0
} but have run across (what seems to be) a timeout problem.  I'm trying
} to control a a SCSI scanner which emulates a processor device (as opposed
} to implementing the scanner commands).
}
} During the scan operation, the scanner starts doing it's thing to scan,
} but just before it would actually start sending data, I get a read error
} and the scanner resets.  A "handshake timeout" is logged to the console.
}
} I tracked this through the ncr.c driver, and it seems that at line
} 4441 the handshake timeout is set to 1.6 seconds.  My first question is

Well, sorry, those 1.6 seconds are already
the maximum supported by the NCR hardware ...

You may want to try with HTH not included in
the interrupt enable mask:

Change line 4482 (in my copy of ncr.c):

OUTW (nc_sien , STO|HTH|MA|SGE|UDC|RST);

into:

OUTW (nc_sien , STO|MA|SGE|UDC|RST);

Please let me know, whether this helps ...

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160