Date:      Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:13:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      Theodore Hope <freebsd@iguana.internexo.co.cr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   downloading entire CD image by ftp?

We plan to do an ftp installation of 3.2, but instead of doing it
to ftp.freebsd.org, we'd like to have previously downloaded the
entire contents to another local machine so that the installation
will be faster.

Is there one huge file we can download from somewhere under
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE/
and place on a local ftp server, and install from there?

Please point me in the right direction so I can RTFM.  Thanks very much.

(Yes, we should have bought the 3.2 CD, and we will, but the switchover
is urgent and we can't wait for the CD to arrive.)

-T.