Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:59:26 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PSM Problem

>THe flag 0x100 did work - Now I wonder why it should suddenly be necessary.
>The relavent code seems to have changed effective Jan 20.

I am glad it worked.

Mouse code in 2.2-STABLE saw significant change around 19-20 January
when I merged mouse support code from 3.0-CURRENT.  Not only the psm
driver but the mse and sysmouse drivers and moused have been heavily
modified.  It was to support recent mouse products, such as
IntelliMouse, which have wheel/roller and additional buttons.

The problem you saw is a glitch in the synchronization check code in
the psm driver.  Synchronization check was optional until now
(PSM_CHECKSYNC). But, I made it standard after I thought I devised a
better method.  The code didn't produce problems in 3.0-CURRENT,
except for one occasion when a user reported "psmintr: out of sync
(xxxx != yyy)" when his SERIAL mouse is connected to the system via a
Cybex switch box (keyboard/mouse switch box) which emulates the PS/2
mouse.

The flag 0x100 disables the synchronization check.

Anyway, I will relax the synchronization code or completely disables
it, as your mouse is a genuine Microsoft model and there must be a
number of people using it.

BTW, your Microsoft PS/2 mouse is a slightly old model, isn't it?  The
one before ver.2?

Kazu