Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2014 22:42:24 -0800
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@chrisbowman.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   10.1 hangs during boot on Intel DP35DP board

I have a pretty stock Intel DP35DP board with and E8400 Core2Duo and the =
latest BIOS off the Intel website.  This board runs 7.1 and 8.4 fine.  =
However neither 9.1 nor 10.1 will boot the AMD64 memstick kernel beyond =
the =E2=80=9CTimecounters tick every 1.000 msec=E2=80=9C section of =
probing.  It wedges hard after that line and you have to pus the reset =
button.  I=E2=80=99ve tried turning off ACPI in the boot loader.  That =
does not work.  I=E2=80=99ve tried turning on and off most of the =
options in the BIOS that seem like they might impact things and none of =
those have worked.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is anyone running =
this board under 9.x or 10.x?  I can make this system available to =
anyone in the bay area if you=E2=80=99re looking for a project.  Any =
help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.  If I=E2=80=99ve sent =
this to the wrong list, please let me know privately.
Thank you
Christopher

--------
Christopher R. Bowman=