Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:14:10 -0800
From:      "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>
To:        "Philip J. Newman" <philip_newman@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello, I Have Questions.

> "Philip J. Newman" wrote:
>
> After looking around the web, I found (on the crosswunds.net website)
> information on FreeBSD.  I have tried Linux, and the K desk top enviroment,
> How ever still it was hard to learn with out some teachers training.  My
> question is.  Can this OS be worked out by the average windows(R) minded
> computer user, I know that Linux made me go insane, how easy is this OS to
> play with!
>
> Yours
>
> Newman
>
> Philip's Domain <- Soon

Linux and Freebsd are different flavors of Unix, so for the
end user it looks pretty much the same. I think there are a
lot of us that started with windows some time ago and now
don't use it anymore. There is planty of help in this mailing
list and i think you should read the online handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/index.html

Good luck

raymundo