Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:30:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Emmanuel Mie <manumie@yahoo.fr>
To:        Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE : Re: Broadcom WLAN on HP dv9000 (re: Dell Inspiron 640m)

I'm not sure that it's the intel PRO model.
My bill reads "Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n Dual-Band wireless Mini-Card for Core2 Processors"

And this is the output of pciconf -lv concerning the card :
none3@pci12:0:0:    class=0x028000 card=0x00091028 chip=0x432814e4 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    class    = network

So I might not be using the right driver...
I'm going to try ndis with another driver specific to this wireless 1500 draft card

Regards,
E.Mie

Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk> a écrit :

The 640m I have uses the intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG which uses a driver
in development here [http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi]
and the Dell site still says it uses this chip (on the other hand their
site says they have changed the graphics card since I got mine so it
could well be different.)

Vince