Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:17:11 +0200
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suggestions for decent multiport serial cards

Hello list,

I'm looking into making a console server for my machines at the
datacenter, and I'm wondering what decent (and hopefully inexpensive, of
course) multiport PCI serial controllers are available. I'm looking for
controllers with (preferably) 16 or more ports, but it is feasible to
fit 2 8-port controllers into the machine. This is a 1U machine with the
ability to fit 2 PCI cards, so low-profile is a must. At the moment, I'm
not requiring it to be set at any price -- all suggestions are heartily
welcomed.

I've seen a couple of miscellaneous controllers in the archives; it
would be nice to hear experiences you've had with these.

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell