Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:19:18 -0700
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   What's the interest in comercial desktop apps for FreeBSD?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to pose this question, but here I
go anyways.

I've been wrestling with GNUCash in an effort to help the developers get
the cvs versions (1.5.x) working on FreeBSD.  But being a KDE fan, I've
noticed an absence of free Qt/KDE offerings.  Kapital looks interesting,
and I'm sure it'd run under Linux emulation.. but I'm perhaps in a
position to convince them to offer a FreeBSD binary.  If they spent some
time "porting" Kapital (or perhaps one of their other offerings) to
FreeBSD, would anybody be interested in buying a copy?

http://www.thekompany.com/products/?dhtml_ok=0

- alex