Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:42:23 +0000
From:      Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   momentary power switch Re: coming back up after power failure (UPS)

> You could open the box and cut the 2 wires leading from the
> power on button and connect then together so the motherboard always
> thinks the power on button is depressed. (do this at your own risk)

Rather than cut and splice wires, just try a jumper on the header pins.
Or hold the button down and see what happens.

If the mainboard wants a momentary power switch it may not work
with the power switch pins jumpered.  I tried this because my case
doesn't have a reset switch and my P/S has its own power switch.
But my board doesn't come up properly with the power switch pins
jumpered, so I had to add a reset switch.