Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:17:20 -0500
From:      Dave <dloose@wpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HP Deskjet Woes

   Ok.  I've lived with this problem for a few months now but it really is
starting to bother me.  I set up my printer using apsfilter using the
'hpdj' driver.  Now, this is a color printer, so I have, at times,
specified different settings for the color option.  I often leave it set to
'default', but I have tried several other options as well (8bpp, 24bpp,
32bpp).  None of these seem to enable color printing though.

   So, what am I doing wrong?  Has anyone else managed to get color
printing to work on this printer (it's an HP 842C -- I actually got it
because someone recommended it for FreeBSD).  Am I using the wrong driver?
The wrong filter?

   As always, your help is invaluable.  I seriously don't know what I'd do
without this list.  Thank you,

-- Dave

PS: If you could cc my e-mail address (dloose at wpi dot edu) to your
response, I would appreciate it greatly.