Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:00:10 GMT
From:      David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: standards/122051: Add posix_spawn(3)

The following reply was made to PR standards/122051; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To: Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:59:12 +0800

 Ed Schouten wrote:
 > * Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl> wrote:
 >> The OpenSolaris code seems to use errno.
 >
 > It's still early in the morning here. OpenSolaris seems to return the
 > error numbers. I'll update the patch this evening. Thanks!

 Also, the manual pages should remove word "shall" or replace it with
 something, because we either implement the features or not.

 Also, in the following code :
 + case FAE_CLOSE:
 +		/* Perform a close() */
 +		if (_close(fae->fae_fildes) != 0)
 +			_exit(127);
 +		break;

 I think the it should only check errno EBADF, other error
 codes are not failure cases, the file handle is always freed.

 Regards,
 David Xu