Date:      Thu, 13 May 2004 23:32:31 -0400
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "Kiel Stirling" <kiel@staff.pnc.com.au>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: crontab perl script execution

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:27, JJB wrote:
> I have perl script A. which runs 2 other perl scripts B. & C. When
> is run from command line B & C get run. When I put script A in
> /etc/corntab I can see that A does in deed get run, but scripts B
&
> C do not. I looked in /var/log/cron and /var/log/messages for
error
> messages but there are none. Here are the perl A script statements
> which launch B & C scripts
> system("/root/bin/A.pl"); and system("/root/bin/B.pl");  As an
side
> note perl scripts B & C create an sendmail Email if that matters.
> Running 4.9.
> Any body have any idea why this is happening?

Are the scripts marked as executable and does the 1st line reflect
the
location of Perl? If not I say that u need to add /usr/bin/perl
before
the path to the scripts.

system "/usr/bin/perl /root/bin/A.pl";
system "/usr/bin/perl /root/bin/B.pl";

Yes B & C scripts are marked as executable and the first line of the
script have the path to perl.
The /etc/corntab file has an path variable that points to /usr/bin
shouldn't that cover /usr/bin/perl?

Adding  /usr/bin/perl to corntab path statement took care of
problem.
Thanks for the hint that made me think about that corntab path
statement.