Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 00:11:43 -0500
From:      "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   permission denied

well looks like i changed the permissions for root some how...while trying
to ping any IP i get a sendto permission denied error.  SO i left that
problem alone for a bit then try to compile my kernel.  So in the process
i was doing a "/usr/sbin/config kernelname and got permission denied as
well....i am logged in as root...so this is what mad me think i have f-ed
up the permissions some how.  Anybody got any suggestions?

Coming from an NT environment you guys don't know how bad this makes me
want to reinstall the whole darn operating system.   But i read somewhere
thatwhen you are having a prob with unix that you will never have to
reinstall, you just need to know which file to edit!
I love this stuff and i have only ben using it for 4 weeks!

Regards,

G. Jason Middleton

Announcement:

The revolution will not be televised.