Date:      Fri, 9 Dec 2011 19:07:23 +0100
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
Cc:        Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Two problems still present in RC3

On 9 Dec 2011, at 18:30, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net> wrote:

> At 03:10 AM 12/9/2011, Johan Hendriks wrote:
>=20
>> After a /etc/netstart, i get the following:
>> ifconfig: create: bad value.
>=20
> I get the "create: bad value" messages as well. What's more, if I change r=
c.conf to assign variables of the form ifconfig_*, such as
>=20
> ifconfig_re0_1=3D"inet 192.168.0.1"
> ifconfig_re0_1_alias0=3D"inet 192.168.0.2"
>=20
> instead of using an ip_addrs_* variable, I still get those messages.
>=20
> I have confirmed that if I run /etc/netstart after booting, I lose connect=
ivity just as you do.
>=20
> I recognize the challenge of specifying the network configuration in a dec=
laratory rather than a procedural environment, because there are so many con=
tingencies and possible combinations of parameters. But there doesn't seem t=
o be any combination of variables I can assign in rc.conf that doesn't cause=
 errors when I try to create VLANs.
>=20
> --Brett Glass
>=20

Try creating your VLANs as I described on my previous post and see if that h=
elps ?=