Date:      16 Jul 2000 14:14:58 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootstrapping problem

I've been trying to get the CITRUS project's i18n stuff to build
within a buildworld, and I've run into this bootstrapping problem:

Locales have to be built with the new mklocale because the source
files use new keywords.  Because of structure changes and new types
the new mklocale requires the new rune.h (and runetype.h and
machine/ansi.h, etc.), so just making mklocale a bootstrap, build or
crossbuild tool doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.