Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:08:59 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Posthuman <posthuman@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware Compatibility Question.

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:54:09PM -0800, Posthuman wrote:
>=20
>    Hello,
>   =20
>    I ordered a custom machine with it's accessories after asking the
>    dealer about it's compatibiliy with FreeBSD.
>   =20
>    I knew later from others, that not all the part I got will support
>    BSD. If you can help me with just mentioning
>   =20
>    the name of the device that is not compatible I will be thankful.

>    Graphic Card: nVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200

No 3D acceleration yet, but 2d should work.

>    Printer:  HP DeskJet 640C USB

This might be supported.  gimp-print claims limited support for the
600 series.

>    Printer switch: StarTeck AS-9251 , Parallel Auto Switch

Unless your printer has a parallel port this won't work with it.

>    KVM Switch: StarView SV431 Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor 4 Port Sharing
>    Switch PS/2 and Serial Mouse.

KVM switches are mostly iffy.  It may work or may not.  The issue is
usuall mouse support.

>    UPS: Belkin F6C500-USB  500VA upto 30 minutes battery back-up time.
>    Automatic Voltage Regulation,
>             Shutdown software CD, USB device cable, Internet Line Plus
>    Splitter and 10Base-T Network Protection.

The included software probably won't work.

-- Brooks

--=20

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--