Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:58:42 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Leon Kos <leon.kos@lecad.uni-lj.si>
Subject:   Re: kern/121558: Supermicro X7SB4 Fatal trap 12 when ACPI disabled

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 04:20:02 am Leon Kos wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR kern/121558; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Leon Kos <leon.kos@lecad.uni-lj.si>
> To: John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
> Cc: freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: kern/121558: Supermicro X7SB4 Fatal trap 12 when ACPI disabled
> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:14:28 +0100 (CET)
>
>  I have added
>
>    hw.pci13.0.INTA.irq="16"
>    hw.pci15.0.INTA.irq="17"
>    hw.pci5.0.INTA.irq="19"
>
>  to /boot/loader.conf and to /boot/device.hints without and face no effect
>  of this options when looking mptable.

The tunables only affect what the kernel uses (i.e. it shouldn't panic on boot
anymore).  It will not affect the output of mptable since what these tunables
do is tell the kernel to not even look at the mptable or any other routing
information and just hardcode the IRQ values.

>  Then I've created CAD.hints
>    hw.pci13.0.INTA.irq=16
>    hw.pci15.0.INTA.irq=17
>    hw.pci5.0.INTA.irq=19
>
>  and included this in my kernel config with
>  hints          "CAD.hints"

Don't do this.  These should only be specified in loader.conf, not in a static
hints file.  Static hints files are not really recommended.

--
John Baldwin