Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 18:27:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.maxbaud.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Transparent Proxying

find the answer to this question.  I kept getting the impression that it
is so obvious I shouldn't need any help, but anyway:

	I have 2 boxes that allow dialin connected to my intranet.
	I have 1 box which is multihomed
		a) one side on my intranet
		b) other side on an ADSL line with static IP
	The multihomed box gateways my ADSL side into my intranet
	It is also running SQUID-22

	I want my dialin lines to be transparently proxied by the
multihomed box.  I have added the following rule to ipfw:

	ipfw add 216 fwd 1.2.3.4,3128 tcp from 1.2.3.216 to any 80

The squid cache never shows the inbound connection.  Have I missed
something obvious?

	brian

He rides a cycle of mighty days, and \ Wm Brian and Lori McCane
represents the last great schizm among\ McCane Consulting
the gods. Evil though he obviously is, \ root@bmccane.maxbaud.net
he is a mighty figure, this father of   \ http://bmccane.maxbaud.net/
my spirit, and I respect him as the sons \ http://bmccane.maxbaud.net/~pictures/
of old did the fathers of their bodies.   \ http://bmccane.maxbaud.net/~bmccane/
    Roger Zelazny - "Lord of Light"        \