Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:35:13 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Subject:   Re: GPT must have ACPI in the kernel [Was: RC1 doesn't boot with GPT (i386) anymore]

--nextPart1454962.5O81zxfku5

Done: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D73251

> by whether ACPI is loaded as a module or compiled into the kernel. I
> find it hard to believe that a GEOM class would be affected. But, there

I couldn't imagine that this change to my kernel config was the cause, but=
=20
after reverting to BETA7 booting failed too so I reverted the only change I=
=20
had made and that was device acpi. And after that all versions from BETA7 u=
p=20
to todays -stable boot fine.

Thanks,

=2DHarry