Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:01:30 -0600
From:      pixfBSD <pixfbsd@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   hp date stamp ink cartridges

#!/bin/sh
#
# hpif - Simple text input filter for lpd for HP-PCL based printers
# Installed in /usr/local/libexec/hpif2
#
# Simply copies stdin to stdout.  Ignores all filter arguments.
# Tells printer to treat LF as CR+LF.  Ejects the page when done.

printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\033&l0H" | sed -e 's/@PJL SET
DATE=[0-3][0-9]-[01][0-9]-20[0-9][0-9]/@PJL SET DATE=01-12-2001/g' &&
exit 0
exit 2

Thanks to the suggestion of the sed syntax I've tried a few renditions
of this script.  (Sorry I forget who was the kind person with this
syntax) I've been through a reload and could have sworn I had a backup
of my mail directory :-P  doh!

I've put the sed part after first ""printf "\033&k2G" && sed -e 's/@PJL
SET DATE=[0-3][0-9]-[01][0-9]-20[0-9][0-9]/@PJL SET DATE=01-12-2001/g'
..."" I've even tried piping it after the first printf.  It still
doesn't change the date on the dfA009<example.file>.

If I sed -e 's/@PJL SET DATE=[0-3][0-9]-[01][0-9]-20[0-9][0-9]/@PJL SET
DATE=01-12-2001/g' dfA009<example.file> > dfA009<newtest.file>.  It does
change the line just fine.

And I've tried cat | sed ... and no success either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
pixfbsd

'given an OS choice I'd "pick FreeBSD"'