Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:48:01 +1030
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        Jeff Royle <sysadmin@aci.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba 3.x.x on FreeBSD 4.9

In the immortal words of Jeff Royle <sysadmin@aci.on.ca>...

> I have tried various versions of Samba 3.x.x on my FreeBSD 4.9 server
> without success. (Including the current port)
>
> The install  goes smoothly however running testparm I encounter the
> following errors...

<snip>

I'm having the same trouble on a 5.2-RELEASE isntallation.  Fresh
install of 5.2-RELEASE, cvsup ports, make install in net/samba-devel and
I'm getting the same problem.

Some things still work even with the errors, but others don't.

I realise this is a maintainer issu, however I would like some
indication of wether it's a localised problem or if it's common enough
that something needs to be done about it.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>