Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 16:31:02 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>
Cc:        "Rick Hamell" <hamellr@aracnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SMP

> While I appreciate everyone's response (and I do, very much) no one actually
> answered either of my questions specifically.
>
> Will FreeBSD handle 4 processors?
>
> If so, is anyone on-list using FreeBSD with 4 (or more) processors.

Yes; we have a couple of 4-way Xeon systems here.

However, I would suggest that before you go blowing an enormous wad of
money on hardware, you actually consider benchmarking your application
and working out what you really need.

I know it's trendy in the PC world to buy the biggest box you can, but
this is actually pretty stupid.

Just think; the money you might save could probably send you on a very
nice holiday.  (Or maybe your boss - can't win them all, I guess.)