Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:53:38 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        Diomidis Spinellis <dds@aueb.gr>
Cc:        Tyler Kellen <tyler@statuo.com>
Subject:   Re: Minimalist FreeBSD 4.8

On 2003-08-26, Diomidis Spinellis wrote:
> Tyler Kellen wrote:
> > The information I'm looking to aquire is the absolute minimum files
> > required to boot FreeBSD 4.8 into multi-user mode. If this involves
> > deleting a massive amount of directories and files, or setting up a
> > new drive and copying only the needed files, I think I can make it work.
>
> You can use the system the way you intent to for two weeks, and then run
>
> find / -atime +2w -print0 | xargs -0 rm -f
>
> This command will delete all files that have not been accessed within
> the last two weeks.

And it would also remove things like find and xargs and all the
other system binaries -- their atime does not get changed when
they are executed.  Check your facts before giving this kind of
advice.

--
Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>;
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.