Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 1994 13:57:56 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        wjw@wjw.iaehv.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: BusLogic BT 946 C frustrations

> I've run in sort of a limbo on getting FreeBSD installed on my new
> system.
> Problem:
> 	The boot process doesn't get beyond the boxed BusLogic boot message.
> 	It never makes it to the "press <ctrl>-B" stuff.

This means that you have a hardware configuration problem, not a
FreeBSD problem.  It's quite possible that your Pentium PCI
motherboard either:

	a)	Doesn't work with the Buslogic controller.  I have seen this,
		and with the same symptoms you describe.  Buslogic will blame
		the MB mfr if you call them, and the MB mfr will blame
		Buslogic.  I've been down this road already.

	b)	Needs to have the appropriate PCI slot configured properly.

	c)	Needs to have SCSI support turned *off* since this generally
		implies NCR SCSI.

Good luck!  You'll need it.  These P5-90 MBs are all very new and very
flakey, unless you're willing to shell out lots of money for an ASUS.
That's the route I've taken!

					Jordan