Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:00:02 -0500
From:      Robert <robert@mhi-tx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPX  on freebsd

does anyone have any clues on getting ipx to work over a ppp connection.
or even over a regular ethernet connection.
I have added the IPX option in the kernel and set the ipx_gateway to
"yes" in the rc.conf.
I am not sure how to specify the interface parameters.
ifconfig ppp0 alias ipx ? ? ?
the man page for ifconfig mentions ipx but none of the parameters that
shold be specified with it.
frame type=ii    ??
do I need a network number ?
please help.
oh and please send direct e-mail as I am not currently a member of the
list.
thanks in advance.
Robert