Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:55:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        joeo@cracktown.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Integrated Raid Array

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 joeo@cracktown.com wrote:

> I have some very short term access to a Compaq 8500.  The integrated raid
> array is supported under linux via it's smart array driver.  I have a
> feeling that it should just work with freesd's driver, but "scanpci" shows
> it using a a vendor id of 0x1000 and a device id of 0x0010.  Where in a
> 4.0 kernel do I stick these so it know's to probe it as an ida device?

  Try /sys/dev/ida/ida_pci.c. The device ID and vendor id are stored in
the IDA_DEVICEID_SMART #define and currently the ida driver has it
hardwired to 0xAE100E11. For quick & dirty hack (i.e. if you just want to
know if the driver will work with your hardware), try changing the
IDA_DEVICEID_SMART #define to 0x10000010.

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Richmond, VA
Analyst / E-business Development, Bell Industries  http://www.bellind.com/