Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:14:14 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD Question List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Slang in src/usr.bin/netstat/inet.c?

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:27:02PM +0200, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
> > Is because spelt like this for a particular reason?
> >
> > %ident /usr/src/usr.bin/netstat/inet.c ; grep -n cuz
> /usr/src/usr.bin/netstat/inet.c
> > /usr/src/usr.bin/netstat/inet.c:
> >      $FreeBSD: src/usr.bin/netstat/inet.c,v 1.37.2.9 2001/12/17
> 20:03:59 jlemon Exp $
> > 632:        "\t%lu error%s not generated 'cuz old message was
> icmp\n");
> >

> I think it's called 'poetic license' :)

I would submit a PR to get the spelling corrected, seriously.
Slang/colloquialisms are unfair to people whose mother tongue
is not english.

Or get it changed to:

"We feel unbehoven from this to make from faults a progeny, it
mattereth not one one wit, for mark yee well that afore this came a
predecessor that we appelled an icmp".

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>