Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:52:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: www.openssl.org is now closedssl [1]

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Benjamin Krueger wrote:
> That should read "Connection Refused" rather than "No such URI". Poor error
> reporting. The website is currently down. I did notice, however, when fat

Poor error reporting on my part or on the binary "w3m's" part?  It did say
no such URI.

> fingering my telnet to port 80, that they have telnet open with the original

How does one "fat-finger a telnet to port 80" exactly?  Is that code for
manually doing GET requests?

> system banner. I must say I'm incredibly disappointed and not going to trust

What does the original system banner say and why is this a problem?

> the software I download from there until they, someone trustworthy, or I can audit it. Thats my only comment.
> Benjamin Krueger
> "Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
> Send mail w/ subject 'send public key' or query for (0x251A4B18)
> Fingerprint = A642 F299 C1C1 C828 F186  A851 CFF0 7711 251A 4B18

Sorry to go on and on -- what makes their software untrustworthy exactly?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder