Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 19:41:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        100730.3706@compuserve.com (Strobel)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice

> Hi,
> i want to use the StarOffice package under FreeBSD. I am running FreeBSD
> 2.2.5. I installed the Linux emulation as descriped in the handbook. When i
> start the StarOffice installation with setup i got a "Abort trap (core
> dumped). Can anybody help me with this problem? Is it possible to install
> an run the StarOffice package for Linux under FreeBSD?

so4sp3 has some problems while trying to read the commandline from /proc.

I have done the following and now it works:

1. Unpack the sp3 distribution
2. cd into the Install directory (where setup.bin is)
3. sed -e 's,/proc/%u/cmdline,/compat/linux/so,' < setup.bin > setup.new
4. mv setup.new setup.bin
5. chmod 755 setup.bin
6. touch /compat/linux/so
7. ./setup

The install program should run and install StarOffice. Maybe I missed some
step but this is closely what I have done.

Then, after installing it, go to the lib directory and do the sed command
on libsal364.so:

1. sed -e 's,/proc/%u/cmdline,/compat/linux/so,' < libsal364.so > libsal364.new
2. mv libsal364.new libsal364.so
3. chmod 755 libsal364.so

The new /compat/linux/so path can be anything that does not exceed the 16
characters. It only has to point to an empty file...

	-Andre