Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:53:16 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: software updating for multiple machines

--rJwd6BRFiFCcLxzm

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:39:59AM -0400, dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've got four physical machines, all running 5.4, three of them have
> between 1 and 3 jails on them, and all have similar software installed.
> Updating each box and jail manually is becoming tedious manually, even wi=
th
> portupgrade saving my make options. I was wondering if anyone had a system
> for packaging software then pushing the packages to the individual machin=
es?

The -p option of portupgrade can be used to build a package from a
upgraded port. You can use this p[ackage to install on the other
machines, provided they have the same architecture.

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt