Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:54:25 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Jason <jasonc@concentric.net>
Cc:        neal.tillery@cp.Novartis.com, ABAMFICI@aol.com, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP Masquerade? | Proxy Server?

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 08:28:23PM -0400, Jason wrote:
> Is there a way to do this through an internet connection on a second network
> card?  The problem I have here is that I need to be able to make all my
> computers work under a single IP.  I have on running a proxy under win95
> right now but there has to be a transparent way to do this under FreeBSD.  I
> have one computer with two network cards and all the others with just one.
> The router I pass through to get to the internet filters all but my one mac
> address on all ethernet packets I try to send.  So I need something to spoof
> this router into thinking everything is coming from the same mac address

This is getting a little beyond the scope of a nontechnical discussion among
newbies. If the documentation and the tutorial mentioned don't cover your
question, then a few other people will be looking for the answer too,
whether they are newbies or not. They'll expect to see this asked and
answered on freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, where questions at all levels are
usually dealt with.

You don't have to subscribe to freebsd-questions to send a question (and get
an answer by email) but you might have further questions as you work on
this, in which case you might find it more convenient to subscribe to
freebsd-questions anyway. You can get a few more ideas from
http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies

Good luck!

--

Regards,