Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:49:51 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem in changing serial console speed!

--RhUH2Ysw6aD5utA4

Quoth Fritz Wuehler on Monday, 28 November 2011:
>=20
> I don't know but I do know a real VT100 won't run at 115,200 unless you d=
rop
> it out of an airplane. Are you using a physical terminal or an emulator? =
If
> an emulator you often have to match up the emulator speed and parity
> settings etc. to the host settings. Alas my Sun boxes only run at 9,800 o=
ver
> serial even though minicom itself could do alot more.
>=20
Sorry for the OT reply, but this made me laugh out loud.  Having been
shackled to a real VT100 for years, the image of dropping one from an
airplane is full of win.

--=20
=2EO. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
=2E.O | sterling@camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com