Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:05:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jin Guojun (ITG staff) <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        cfaehl@cs.unm.edu
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any work being done on ATM NIC drivers?

> ... but we've had issues attaching certain
> equipment to our ATM boxes (specifically, our NetAPP fore card only supported
> SPANS, so we had to have some SPANS compatible equipment attached to it).

If you have a FORE switch, it should support SPANS. Also, the UNI/ILMI/VLAN
is supported by the driver, not the card. So, you may ask your vendor to
upgrade the driver.

I also would like to discuss if the SPANS needs to be supported in the future.
Since many vendors are not support or continue to support SPANS, I intend to
take SPANS out of the next release for Zeitnet/FORE/Efficient.

	-Jin