Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2007 00:56:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "P. Takis Skagos" <skagos@takisnet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvidia on am64

I am trying to get nvidia drivers for my am64 6.2 installation.  The /usr/ports stuff indicates that there should be an nvidia-drivers port / package, but the system just fails when I try to install that.  I found a source package on the nvidia website for FreeBSD drivers, but they don't want to compile on my box.

I was really hoping that there would be binary drivers I could just pkg_add.  Am I out to lunch?  It should be that easy ...

Could someone point me to a binary nvidia driver distribution for FreeBSD 6.2 am64?

Thanks.

--
Takis