Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:00:24 -0400
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        "saifuddin Abd. Salam" <saif_addin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFILTER

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:51:19 -0700 (PDT)
"saifuddin Abd. Salam" <saif_addin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just setup gateway, and used ipfilter v.3.4.2 as
> firewall.
> 1. I was add options (IPFILTER, IPFILTER_LOG) at
> kernel, and recompiled too
> 2. I was created the script to block evetything,
> except for port 80, 110, and 25
> 3. For ping I was allowed
>
> The problems:
>
> 1. whenever i ping to outside the world from gateway
> machine, ok.
> 2. ping from gateway to internal network, ok.
> 3. I can't to ping, browsing to outside the world from
> my internal network
>
> Have ideas to solve?
>
> Regard's
> Saifuddin

I've written a short howto for the freebsd gateway with ipnat at http://www.darthik.com under the 'freebsd' tab.

Feel free to check it out for help, I've put my configuration files there for reference.

As for your firewall, it would help to let us see your rules.  But, have you allowed access on the second ethernet for the LAN?
In other words, are you giving full access to the local IP's for your LAN on the ethernet device that is connected to the LAN.

Hopefully this helps some,

--Donnie
  http://www.darthik.com