Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:48:38 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Markiyan Kushnir <markiyan.kushnir@gmail.com>
Cc:        nox@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, netchild@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES in linux_ioctl.c

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 06:11:13PM +0200, Markiyan Kushnir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any reason why LINUX_VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES,
> LINUX_VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMEINTERVALS, LINUX_VIDIOC_ENCODER_CMD, and
> LINUX_VIDIOC_TRY_ENCODER_CMD in compat/linux/linux_ioctl.c have been put
> under #ifdef VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES (looks like it's been there since
> rev. 221426, when the v4l2 support was introduced) ?
>
> I've just hit an issue with the current Skypes in the ports tree (both
> 2.1.0.81 and 2.2.0.35) trying to call at least the
> LINUX_VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES ioctl, so I re-built linux.ko with
> -DVIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES and found no visible issues on my desktop so
> far beyond that my skype started to send video.
>
> If there is some reason, it would be good to let people know why these
> ioctls are turned off by default.

IIRC netchild's concern was that these were not in Linux 2.6.16 that
our Linuxolator defaults to emulating, so I put them under #ifdef.
Did you find that skype video doesn't work without them?  Back when
I tested it it didn't seem to make a difference...  (Tho I never
could get skype 2.2.0.35 to work with video, I think because it
tries to use inotify() which we don't emulate.)

 HTH,
	Juergen