Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:11:35 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, linimon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why are older ports built on Sparc64?

> Both ports were updated on Jan 03 with patches that will (hopefully)
> fix them on sparc64 with with PORTREVISIONs bumped, still portsmon
> shows builds failed on Feb 25, and those are old versions of ports.

Because sparc64-7 was (is) still, during that time, doing nothing
but building the 7.0 release packages, and rebuilding the ones that
had been tag-slipped for security updates.  They only finally finished
yesterday (!)

I have restarted the sparc64-6 build I had started and then
interrupted when the last security problems showed up.  That's got
a tree from Feb. 18:

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/packagestats.html

mcl