Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:49:44 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        lulf@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: csup crash

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> > > What OS version are you running?  I wonder if you have this fix:
> >
> > it is on rather fresh stable/8:
> >
> > FreeBSD beaver.rinet.ru 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #5 r224908M: Tue Aug
> > 16
> > 15:43:23 MSD 2011     marck@beaver.rinet.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BEAVER
> > amd64
> >
> > so I suppose I'd have the fix you'd mentioned.
> >
> > I'm still have broken repo as a ZFS snapshot, so I'm ready to provide more
> > info or test any fix you provide.
> >

> Have you found a broken file? What its content?

Unfortunately not.  I thought ports/graphics/Makefile,v (see gdb backtrace) was
a touble source, but running csup on a clone of snaphot of crash state like

csup -h cvsup2.ru.freebsd.org -b /FreeBSD-x -l /tmp/fbsd-cvs.lock -s ./cvs-supfile

(here /FreeBSD-x is clone of /FreeBSD, with sup and ncvs inside; ./cvs-supfile
is original with prefix=/FreeBSD-x/ncvs) does not crash, so I'm stumbled a bit
:(

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck@FreeBSD.org ]