Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:19:20 +0100
From:      "Ian J Greely" <ian@tirnanog.org>
To:        <trouble@netquick.net>, "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org>
Subject:   Re: AH 2940UW timeout problems...

-----Original Message-----
From: TrouBle <trouble@netquick.net>
To: Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc: Ian J Greely <ian@tirnanog.org>; freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
<freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>; brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
<brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org>
Date: Friday, October 15, 1999 10:59 PM

>Ummm i just recently upgraded to 3.3 and im now having the same problem
>at boot...
>it sees the card fine, but when it goes to stat the disk it does nothing
>but send  the exact same error, i thought the drive had finally died, so
>i went got a new drive and the exact same thing, could my card have gone
>bonjkers, maybe ill try to just replace the cable and see if that helps

Sounds like a waste of time. The mailing list has this error as far back as
three years ago and it appears that everyone who has faced it has been told
to replace the card. SOmething about "dodgy motherboard bios". It works fine
for me under all of the versions of 95 and 98. It doesn't work properly with
the original NT 4 but the updated version is fine. Works just fine under
OS/2 and Linux. *shrug* Seems unlikely to be a cable or "dodgy termination"
problem.

regards,
Ian