Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:17:11 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        shashi <shashi@Shift-F1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail/qmail problem with multiple virtual domains on same IP

shashi said on Jul 26, 2000 at 02:13:59:

> Hi,
> I have > 12 domains on 5 IPs, some IPs have single domain,some have 3 some
> have subdomains defined. Earlier I had one IP per sub/domain. Things were
> fine then.
>
> Now, the web part works fine, but I can't GET mail for any sub/domains that
> is NOT the first in the listing for that IP.
> so, if d1 and d2 map to ip1, then i can get mail for @d1.com but not for
> @d2.com
> The mail is queued up, so I guess it has reached the box, but not
> delivered.
> I have set the Cw records in /etc/mail/sendmail/cw
> and the relay-domains has the domains (no Cw prefix?)
>
> I even tried installing qmail, and I could send mail out, but couldn't get
> mail from outside.

First check that the mx records for your subdomains are ok (so that a
remote machine will know where to deliver the mail).

The qmail answer is in the FAQ (well, not exactly the same situation,
but to me it looks like this should work):

    3.1. How do I receive mail for another host name? I'd like our disk
    server, pokey.af.mil, to receive mail addressed to af.mil. I've set up
    an MX from af.mil to pokey.af.mil, but how do I get pokey to treat
    af.mil as a name for the local host?

    Answer: Add af.mil to /var/qmail/control/locals and to
    /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts. If qmail-send is running, give it a HUP
    (or do svc -h /var/run/qmail if qmail is supervised).

Hope it helps,
Rahul.