Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Alexander Maret <maret@atrada.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: libkadm.so.3 not found? - SOLVED - Bug in 3.3R ???

	It looks like some items (passwd and su have been reported so far)
were compiled with kerberos support, but the kerberos libraries don't come
as a standard part of the distribution.

	Jordan, this is the third or fourth complaint about this regarding
the 3.3 release. You might want to look into it.

Doug

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Alexander Maret wrote:

> I solved my problem by installing all sources
> via /stand/sysinstall and recompiling /usr/src/usr.bin/
>
> After a 'make install' in /usr/src/usr.bin/ everything
> worked fine again. I still don't have a file called
> libkadm.so.3 on my system but now 'passwd' works fine.
>
> Can ne1 explain this?
>
> Is this a bug in 3.3 Release ?
>
> Alex

"My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a man
to have as many women you got.' I looked at my mother dear and didn't even
crack a smile. I said, 'If women kill me, I don't mind dyin!'"

    - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"