Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:51:05 -0800
From:      Rob Lytle <europa100@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no FreeBSD implementation works with Freenet

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:25:30 +0100
Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 09:10:48AM -0800, Rob Lytle wrote:
> > Freenet works fine on Windows and Gentoo Linux, but it seems like it
> > has just never ever worked on FreeBSD.
>
> Did you install Freenet using the ports framework? In such case, there
> must something specific to your configuration which causes trouble
> because it works fine on my system.
>
> In any case, I suggest that you contact the maintainer of the port
> (lioux@FreeBSD.org) if you want to report such error so that he may be
> aware of it and fix it.
>
> Herve
My god, I never knew there was a Freenet port.  I have always just
installed the package from the Freenet site, since it is just a jar
with some shell scripts.

One thing is true about Freenet though.  It is a continuously moving
target and I know that they have to work around java bugs in general.
I will look at that port and see what special is being done to make
Freenet work.

Rob.

--
http://home.comcast.net/~europa100