Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 20:19:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Another 2.2-SNAP soon, folks?

As John Polstra wrote:

> I would very much like to see gzipped executables working again.
> Without them, you can't use the fixit disk.

As a short-term solution, i think we could turn off gzipping.  The
stuff should fit (though it will become tight then).  This would at
least make the fixit floppy usable at all.

It has the additional advantage that the fixit floppy would become
much faster then (in particular, consider the pagein times from a
floppy).

--
cheers, J"org