Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:55:38 +0200
From:      Martin Heinen <martin@sumuk.de>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "PROGRAMLISTING", "TITLE" not permitted

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 05:56:18PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:

> You can't do a <programlisting> inside a <screen>.  It makes sense; a
> program listing is, well, a program listing (presumably printed), while
> <screen> is used to show what screen output looks like.  I don't have my
> files handy for the right way to do this, but you could do it this way:

> <screen>5.0-RELEASE</screen>

Using two screen elements puts some vertical space
between the lines which looks ugly.

Since the command prompt and the command output appears
on the same screen, only one screen element should be used:

| 5.0-RELEASE</screen>

> Actually, I wonder if 5.0-RELEASE should also be wrapped with
> <computeroutput> tags...

You could also use <command> to mark up "uname".
Besides userinput tags and replaceable tags, our
documentation does not use additional mark up in
screen elements.

--
Marxpitn