Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:28:27 -0400
From:      "Robert J. Adams" <radams@siscom.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage-followup

Hello,

Just to add my two pennies here.. and to say "It has been done..."  and
works flawlessly.

We currently have 3 servers running the following config:

Tyan S2567U3AN mobo
2x Intel 1G Chip
2gig ram
escalade 7800, 8 channel
*16* WD 80gig drives

and two servers running:

Tyan S2567U3AN mobo
2x Intel 1G Chip
2gig ram
escalade 6800, 8 channel
*16* Maxtor 80gig drives

All RAID5

All are in cases from rackmountpro.com that have a 450W mini redundant power
supply.

These servers are slammed pretty hard.. each taking in a full newsfeed etc.
No problems at all.. We've lost 3 drives in 4 months, no problems w/
rebuilds. I couldn't be happier w/ the 3ware stuff..

Thanks,
Jason