Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:50:39 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.0-PRERELEASE installworld fails

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 17:28:08 +0300
Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:17:24 -0600 Chris wrote:
>
> > Additionally - mergemasted can be skipped if the Op does not have
> > custom tweaks to files in /etc.
>
> Yes and no...
>
> Yes to "mergemaster -p" -- it may be skipped in short jumps. But
> better safe than sorry -- as for me I use it always. It's not too
> hard anyway. ;-)
>
> No to "mergemaster -i" -- this step is mandatory. One may (though
> rarely but nevertheless may) get an unbootable host without this
> step.

While this may be true - I never use mmaster with incremental upgrades.
I do however with full version jumps - never had a system go bad - of
course, your mileage may vary.

--
Best regards,
Chris

C-3PO:
	R2 says that the chances of survival are 725 to 1.
	Actually R2 has been known to make mistakes - from time
	to time... Oh dear...